A role has become available for an Administrative Assistant in our Quality Assurance Laboratory in Kempton Park. The purpose of this role is to ensure that Receiving administrative duties with reference to the Testing laboratory are performed in such a way that the processes necessary for seed lot sampling, and seed quality and moisture testing, flow smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compare information on sample with information on LIMS or other documentation.
- Receive sample on LIMS.
- Purity samples: Place samples in the purity containers.
- Seed count samples: Take the sample to Seed Analyst for immediate attention.
- Germination samples: Prepare gemination cards for planting according to approved/prescribed methods and place in appropriate containers according to evaluation intervals.
- Prepare printouts for Planters (i.e., list of forms needed for sample ID on boxes in Seed Store), each month.
- Ensure samples destined for Research are kept separate, ready for collection, and call for delivery as required.
- Receive completed OIC application.
- Register planned OIC information on LIMS, allocate and record ZA- and Lab no on the OIC application, and return to the applicant.
- Complete the sampling form, sampling label, and sample packets to give to the authorized seed sampler for sampling action.
- Receive the submitted OIC sample on LIMS.
- Place OIC sample in the correct container for purity testing.
- Prepare the certificates, have the Systems Lead check and sign it, and notify the applicate upon completion.
- General maintenance of the utility store.
- Monitor laboratory stocks (consumables and materials).
- List stock that should be purchased and notify the System Lead of order requirements.
- 3 years of administrative experience
- Computer literate