– A Grade 12 certificate. No experience required.
– A post-matric qualification and relevant experience in Communications, Public
Relations or Marketing will be an added advantage.
– Knowledge of administrative procedures, human resource (HR) practices, project
management and public service and departmental procedures.
– Monitoring and control.
– Skills required: coordination, organisational and planning, communication (written
and spoken), report writing skills and good interpersonal relations.
– Ability to work long hours voluntarily and plan under pressure.
– Ability to gather and analyse information.
– Ability to adhere to policies work independently and in a team.
– Willingness to travel on departmental assignments.
– Provide support with maintaining the department corporate identity, assist in
providing guidance to internal and external stakeholders on the correct application
of the department brand.
– Assist with procurement of branding material and other marketing related material.
– Provide logistical arrangements for departmental exhibitions.
– Assist with setting up for departmental exhibitions in line with the department
events calendar and observance days.
– Assist with information distribution at exhibitions.
– Render branding services for departmental events.
– Maintain departmental branding stock and storeroom.
– All applications must be submitted on a signed new Z83 application form (click bold underlined text to download
PDF form) accompanied by a recent detailed curriculum vitae to be considered.
– Please note that should you not use the newly amended Z83 and completed, initialed and signed in full,
the department reserves the rights to disqualify your application.
– Applications may be forwarded to: The Director-General, Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the
Environment, Private Bag X447, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-delivered to: Environment House, Erf 1563 Arcadia
Extension 6, Cnr Soutpansberg and Steve Biko Road, Arcadia, Pretoria marked for the attention: Human
– It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority
(SAQA). Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
– The National Department Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
employer. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in
terms of the department’s equity plan. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
– Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
– Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for
employment, including but not limited to: criminal records; citizenship status; credit worthiness; previous
employment (reference checks); social media checks, and qualification verification.
– Short-listed candidates will be expected to avail themselves at the department’s convenience.
– Entry level requirements for senior management service (SMS) posts:
Enquiries: Ms M Makweya
Tel: 012 399 9959
For attention: Human Resource Management
Salary: R176 310 per annum
Closing date: 11 July 2022