Responsible for processing and receiving specimens in the Receiving Department to meet the required service level standards
– Grade 12
– Bsc Degree Advantageous
– 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
– Computer literate
– Laboratory information systems
– Organisational policy procedures
Duties And Responsibilities
– Administers sorting and distribution of samples according to set standard operating procedures to ensure the correct and prioritized channeling of specimens to various laboratories/sites.
(*Sort batches, unlogged work, urgent and routine work and parcels as they arrive, to be processed. *Check and compare the patient information on the form against the patient information on the attached specimen. *Check samples received is required for tests requested *Label form and specimens with req barcodes, write down applicable canned text, write down which specimens has been received as well as Mnemonic)
– Take specimens/batches/parcels and scan this in on the courier program.
– Scan forms onto Oculus as per status (Routine/Urgent/Already logged etc)
– Place work that need to be received in applicable basket.
– Receives samples and confirms that information on samples correspond with data that has been loaded by the “logging” section according to set standard operating procedures.
– Creates shipping list of samples for distribution to laboratories/sites in order to ensure completeness of audit trail.
– Responsible to resolve queries and escalates queries to the Supervisor if unable to resolve to ensure effective and efficient service delivery
– Responsible for basic housekeeping including suitable cleaning and preparation of equipment components such as the benches according to set standard procedures.
– Responsible for checking the temperature sheet / chart.
– Responsible for day to day management reports.
– Responsible for giving all Receiving related training to new and existing staff as per instruction from Management when needed.
– Coping with pressures and set backs
– Adhering to Principles and Values
– Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
– Adapting and Responding to Change
– Following Instructions and Procedures
– Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
Closing Date: 8 July 2022