The successful candidate will be part of the IT Infrastructure and Support team for the duration of the six-month internship. The team is in charge of developing and managing the technologies that provide optimal learning outcomes for enrolled students in universities that have partnered with 2U. Moreover, the team is responsible for configuring, provisioning, and maintaining external and internal facing software and hardware systems.
Location: Cape Town
Duration: 6 Months
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting new software and application launches
- Support the team with the rollout of new hardware e.g. switchers, routers, servers, etc.
- Work closely with stakeholders regarding new requests and place them on priority with system engineers and administrators
- Conduct routine maintenance work on current IT applications and systems
- Develop and manage documentation related to internal infrastructure
- Provide assistance with daily operations as well as ticket triage
- Help out with admin and clerical tasks as needed
- Currently pursuing qualification or a new graduate of a tertiary degree
- Broad knowledge of basic IT systems, computing services, Salesforce, Google Apps for Business, and JIRA
- Comfortable working with engineers and technical administrators, and interpret technical specifications into project plans
- Solid background in networking hardware and software e.g. firewalls, routers, switches, Wi-Fi security, WAPs, VLANs, subnets, etc.
- Knowledgeable working with networked printing, VPN, and networked security
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to research, read, and understand technical documents
- Results-driven with a sharp eye for detail
- Strives to exceed objectives and goals
- Able to effectively multitask, work closely with colleagues, switch priorities, and flexible
How to apply:
Fill out the online application form on 2U’s careers page. Click the link below to apply.